Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Turtle

Now the Turtle. I received this turtle from a friend so it is not currently in ideal conditions. The turtle is in a 24"x12"x12" tank which is half filled with a large rock taking up about half the tank. There is a fountain filter and a small 25w heater. I am planning to get the turtle into a larger aquarium habitat soon with more room to move as he will be stunted and is a very livley turtle.

I take him out each day for a wander around the back yard to get some "space". The cats are still not sure what to make of this little moving hard thing.

The other aquarium I received from this friend in similar to my own, 30"x12"x14", except this one houses a 9" Three Beacon Catfish. Again I can see the same problem as with the turtle, the tank is too small. Also the filter is not doing a great job as it is an under greavel filter that covers only half the tank.

I plan on moving the turtle into the Three Beacon Catfish's tank when I purchase a new Aquarium set up for the Catfish. The new Catfish Aquarium will also be used to house the fish from my new tank when they begin to out grow the aquaruim they are in.

I will post some pictures of my aquarium set up soon so watch this space. In the meantime take a look at a wonderful screen saver I use at work to turn my computer into a living aquarium. It allows me to pick the fish and feed them and all. A lot less costly than the real thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment