Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Here you will find the progression of my aquariums. I now have three aquariums containing all sorts of tropical fish and even one turtle. One of the aquariums is my own, the other two tanks were a friends who can no longer keep them. I will start with a basic list of the fish I have and then we will get into more detail about them. In its own fish tank I have a Three Beacon Pleco" or Leporanthicus triactis L091 is the scientific name. This leopard looking catfish is very quiet at the moment but should liven up soon. he also needs a bigger fish tank as he is currently in a 3foot tank.

Next is the Turtle, wieghing in at about one pound and eight inches long. This little turtle loves to run around outside and is a very cheerful little guy. I am planning to create an entire aquarium habitat for him eventually.

Now my aquarium, which is completely new. I am currently running my aquarium with ten tettras and two corydoras to establish the bioenvironment for some very nice fish, some of which I have already purchased. My daughter has named the corydoras "salt & pepper" as one is an albino corydora and one is a peppered corydora.

I will explain my aquarium setup in detail in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment